Tuesday, February 1, 2011

i-Dosing Blog #3

Before this I have only heard about i-Dosing once before. I remember hearing in the news that people thought it was bad for teenagers and there was a controversial issue over the legality of getting "high" online.

After watching two dosing videos on youtube.com, I am still somewhat confused on how this works. Is there a certain way you are suppose to watch/listen to these? For the first video that I listened to, it was "psychedelic" sounds playing that were supposed to create a feeling of being high. Personally I felt that the sounds were so high pitched that it hurt my ears. So take one at "getting high" digitally failed. The second video was a called "natural hullucinogen legal high," it consisted of optical illusions spinning and changing patterns with "psychedelic" music playing in the background. The instructions said to look at the center of the screen until it prompted you to turn away. So I did exactly as I was told and as soon as I looked away at the wall, at the end of the video, it looked as though a small portion of my vision was still spinning and moving. Describing this as a "High" I think is a stretch, more like an optical illusion that makes your vision blurred for a few seconds. So take two at the "getting high" digitally was not a complete success, but better than the first one.

When I was done watching the videos I did some research on what the best way to get digitally "high" was, and an article on http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1296282/I-dosing-How-teenagers-getting-digitally-high-music-download-internet.html said that teens "put on their headphones, drape a hood over their head and drift off into the world of ‘digital highs." Maybe next time I consider getting digitally high I will drape a hood over my head and drift off into the digitally high world, hopefully that works better.

No comments:

Post a Comment