Monday, March 7, 2011

Practicum Post #4: Presentation Questions - Jamie Noltner

My presentation is on Users and Audiences, specifically I have Tweens. I chose to look at Club Penguin as site that a lot tweens these days use. It is an interactive social network, it includes games, online chat, designing your avatar and you Igloo home. You can play games to earn money and stamps. If you read my Practicum Post #3 you can see all the features that the site has for parents (it may help to better answer my questions).


My questions: Do you think parents will still be skeptical to let their children use this site because of the fact that they can have unlimited chat capabilities? Do parents still need to worry as much about online predators with sites like Club Penguin? and do they need to worry about their children giving away too much information?

No comments:

Post a Comment