Monday, January 24, 2011

Blog #2-Kristin

I was very surprised to find out how little I knew about the history of the Internet and how much work and complexity it took to make it what it is today. I did not know a lot about networking of computers either. I thought the time sharing concept was cool; obviously, we use it today, I just never thought about how it works. The option of which waves (radio, direct, etc.) could be used to connect networks and the limitations of radio waves and direct connections was interesting. Radio waves could travel farther, but were not reliable during an atomic attack; so, direct lines had to be used, even though they can only be used for short distances. Overall, I found it a very educational video. I am eager to see how technology will change and how that will impact the ease and use of the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment