Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blog #2

This was a really interesting video. I love when they discuss the days when computers had to be kept in special cooled rooms, running off one processor. I always find it interesting that big advances in technology or other important aspects of human life now are done in repsonse to threats. Apparently we can thank the Cold War for the internet and interstate highways.

It really caught my attention when the narrator talked about how colleges used to be very cautious about computers. I can't even imagine that now, school would seem to unorganized and inaccessible without my computer.

It actually seems amazing that the Internet actually became such a public resource, because through this video it seems that for this to happen, so many separate and distinct companies had to cooperate to make the Internet a fundamental part of computers. And all because of a response to threats!

No comments:

Post a Comment