Thursday, January 27, 2011

Twitter

The process for starting my twitter account went pretty smoothly. The cites take you through the steps one by one, they allow you to have a brief description of yourself , add a picture, start you off with following things you would be interested in and I liked that. I also think it’s cool how Twitter is more like a personal home page, it's about the things you are interested in and what is going on in your life. As compared to Facebook, where it’s more about pictures and communication with your friends. Thus fair, I have encountered a few problems, it is easy to follow newspapers or travel sites, but it hard to find people. It has been frustrating trying to look up my friend’s names because I have come to find that they have screen names that you need to get beforehand, whereas with Facebook you can typically just type someone’s name in and find them. Another problem I have encountered was adding a picture. You can only add a certain size and you cannot crop the picture. I am sure since Facebook offers all these amenities I think all social network cites should too. But none the less- it is still something that bothered me. Now I am just working on trying to add followers, explore/ look at cool articles and I also need to get Twitter set up on my phone. More info on my progress to come!

1 comment:

  1. Nina-
    I don't have a smart phone. That being said, do you think it's pointless to have a twitter if you don't have a smart phone? Do you think it's more for a mobile purpose or do you think it's something people should be updating just while they're at their computer and happy to be on the internet?

    ReplyDelete