Friday, February 25, 2011

Practicum #2-Nicole



I have started to attempt to play Kongregate more often when I have free time instead of going on my usual time waster go to site of Facebook. I was lucky enough to get an email from Kongregate that broke it down for me a bit more on how exactly one can earn points on the site. One of those ways is to rate a game which gives you one point. After learning this I came across a game called Powerpool which you can see in the picture. This game is like normal pool except there are certain balls that change the balls on the table. For example in the picture you can see what happened after I hit a ball that makes the main balls smaller. These power balls make the game more challenging than regular pool. I enjoy this game because there is no time pressure on it so I can click back and forth between the game and my emails and such allowing me to multitask on my free time.

I also like that since there is no time pressure or the pressure of being "killed" in the game I can glance over at the chat and see what is being talked about. You can see from the picture that the chat is right next to the game so it is easy to go back and forth between the two. I have yet to join in on the conversations because they are so out of the ordinary that I have nothing to say without possibly becoming a troll at this point. Hopefully I will be on sometime that I can start up a conversation or possibly see one going on that I can add to. It will be interesting to see how the regulars interact once I join in.

My next task is to branch out from my favorite power pool game and find some more games of interest so that I can rate and get more points but also get to know the site better. Finally, I hope to update my profile soon because the hooded skull logo I have now is a bit creepy and does not reflect my personality at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment