Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blog 6- nina

Youtube and Hulu, in my opinion are similar sites by terms of content. But they definitely differ when it comes to quality and variety. Doing this blog assignment was probably one of the most relevant assignments for me to talk about because I use these sites almost everyday. I would say that I use YouTube more than Hulu, just because I am constantly looking up music and have an account on the site. I have a number of saved play lists on Youtube and I have found that it is one of the easiest ways to keep up with new music by just adding on to your play list whenever I want a new song. Both sites have advertisements, Hulu has more tho, every time that I have watched a show on the site there are 30-40 second breaks in between the show. More recently, I have noticed that YouTube has added brief adds before music videos, but not on all, like Hulu.
To do this assignment wasn't hard, I just did what I normally do, I watched Brothers and Sisters on Hulu and looked up a few music videos on YouTube. I have never searched for music on Hulu, but I have searched for movies and T.V shows on YouTube. The great thing about Hulu is that you can always count on the quality of whatever your watching to be good, where as with YouTube it's 50-50 at best. I would say that I feel like YouTube offers more only because you can broadcast yourself and can find almost any random news clip or advertisement. However, I like the idea more of Hulu due it's legitimacy. I don't ever feel bad watching a T.V. show on Hulu because I know that it's been approved by the network and they are receiving payment. But with YouTube, I never know if what I am watching is legal or not. All and all, both Hulu and Youtube have their benefits and downfalls, but overall they are useful and innovative places to find entertainment.

1 comment:

  1. I also save playlist on Youtube and find it very useful to keep tract with new music that I like. I like how you talk about Hulu that its legitimacy makes it favorable to people so users can experience less uncertainty and guilt when they are watching and enjoy their favorite shows at the same time.

    ReplyDelete