Monday, April 25, 2011

Blog #7 - Kelsey

I'm really not surprised by how much I use digital devices in the evening.
Tonight following my last class (which ends at 6pm) I had to interact with a digital register to get dinner, then sat down and watched a DVD with a friend. At this point I had my cell phone in hand and was texting my brother, and also my iPod touch which I had connected to WiFi so I could be on twitter (I'm one of those people who likes to follow twitter during new episodes of shows to see how others are reacting while posting my own reactions).
It was a little different tonight, instead of web surfing while sitting and watching tv I was playing cards with my friends, so even when my phone went off I ignored it, but I did pick it back up after the game.
Upon going back to my room I sat down at my desktop to check a few of my favorite daily sites then opened up League of Legends for a victorious battle. Now at this point to write my blog I'm still on my computer and will probably be plugging my iPod in to listen to some music, and I just set the alarm on my phone to get me up in the morning. I think it's rather interesting to note that most of the activities I used my electronic devices for were communication with others, texting, twitter, LoL, etc, even when I was with other people face to face.
I know a lot of people say that the way we communicate on the web is breaking down how we communicate in person, but I think it supplements it.
I don't know, something to think about I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment