Monday, April 25, 2011

Blog #7-Nicole

After looking back on the computerized things I used in the evening I had a hard time distinguishing what exactly would be considered computerized. However, I think the main things that I use nightly that are computerized are my computer, my phone and my itouch. I am constantly on the computer when I get home from class at work at 5pm everyday the reason being I do not have internet on my phone. Being one of the few to have internet on my phone I am envious of those around me in class who are able to update their facebook status or check in on live stats of the Brewers Game so when I get home I feel like I have to make up for lost time. After checking emails and facebooking for a bit I go and hit the gym where I take my itouch with me. While I usually just use it to listen to songs I sometimes will use it for the internet if there is something I need to check quickly and I'm not by the computer. When I get home it is back to the computer for homework which usually involves my kongregate game for the class, research for my two journalism classes and then just Word for my many papers and homework assignments. While doing my homework though I tend to get distracted by things such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube as well as texts from my phone. I can only imagine what a distraction my phone is going to be once I get it upgraded and am able to use the internet on it as well. I'm sure that there are many things in my evening that I interact with that are computerized that I don't even realize because I take them for granted and don't think anything of them. However, I do know that those three items in particular are used a tremendous amount every evening by me and makes me realize I'd be lost without my computerized items. Like my other fellow classmates, I've realized it is very hard to distinguish what actually is computerized. This has opened my eyes to pay more attention to the thing I use how how without the computerized mechanism I wouldn't be able to get through my days as smoothly as I do now.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that we tends to take these computerized items for granted and pay little attention in how they contribute in our daily lives. I can't imagine how would it be if none of these are invented. It would have been less efficient, less entertaining and we will be less updated with people around us.

    ReplyDelete