Saturday, April 9, 2011

Practicum post #5-Kristin


I have been getting a lot of e-mails from JDate.com lately. I've been getting a lot of e-mails about people that want to message with me and about planning trips through Jdate with other Jdate singles and members. This is really interesting to me because, in my opinion, the website is trying to create a very friendly online and personal community with its members. The website actively communicates with its members through e-mail to provide updates and opportunities that you can get involved in within the Jewish community. This website works hard to create a strong and linked Jewish community. I think that is why the website is so successful and why members are willing to pay a monthly fee to have access to more perks. Like I've stated in other posts this website is a unique combination of a dating website and a social network. Jdate.com promotes and encourages singles to go on these vacations as a way to meet other single members.

As you can see in the picture that I got in an e-mail, I was invite to the Mexican Riviera for Memorial Day. I think that IF I was single and it was the right time in my life, I would choose to go on this vacation to meet other Jewish people. The website does a really good job at keeping its members updated. I also received another email that said I could get one month free of Jdate.com membership if I signed up for a credit card or ordered a years subscription of a magazine.. so that wasn't as appealing as I though it was. There is always something that keeps it from being free. As I promised I will talk about that other quiz thing on my profile, but I just received so many e-mails from Jdate.com this week that I had to write about this stuff.

-Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment