Monday, April 11, 2011

Practicum Post #6- Nina

I have yet to get a celebrity follower because I am still working on accumulating more followers, in time it will happen though. I already see it happening because I am gaining more and more followers, so I don’t think it will take much more time before I feel like I am legit enough. I also find myself making more and more tweets a day, when I first started it was every few days, but now it is at least 3 or 4 tweets a day. I know that isn’t like most avid users, but I am proud of my progress. I also just spent some time revamping my homepage; it is so cool how they are always coming out with new backgrounds and ways to create your homepage. I noticed a number of improvements just in a month, from the last time I re-did my profile.

Today I was checking my twitter top feeds and I came across this great link http://www.whowhatwear.com/website/full-article/www-picks-music-festival-fashion from WhoWhatWear which has the latest celebrity styles and reports on the hottest new trends that hit the runway. The icon mentioned the best trends for Coachella, which is a huge music festival in southern California! I am going- so I was like ‘yes please’. Anyway, this site had a lot of different articles of clothing with a number of price ranges which I always like. I would say that the site is very similar to a fashion magazine, just better. After spending a little time on the site, suddenly an icon popped up called “Personalize Your Style”, it was cool. What it did was gave you two pictures of different styled outfits and asked you to click on the one you would most likely wear. Once I went through a number of choices it created and described my style, then it set you up account and now via email I get updates on looks by companies that match my style. Amazing, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment