Monday, January 24, 2011

Blog #2- Lauren

Very interesting video. I thought the conciseness of cramming half a century of the evolution of the internet into 7 minutes made the video was a bit difficult to follow. BUT... I did come away with some useful information that I hadn't even thought about previous to watching this video. When I think about the internet and it's usage today, I think more about it's commercial and economic value more than anything. We browse, shop, blog, and learn via the internet, but I hadn't actually thought extensively about the implications that this technology has for our government and military. The video detailed how the US investigated how Cuba had long range missiles, and how after Sputnik the US increased haste on developing our use of this technology-- all for military and governmental purposes. Prior to this video, I hadn't fully realized the implications that the internet had on those entities.

No comments:

Post a Comment