Monday, January 24, 2011

Blog #2 - Kelsey

I'm actually amazed at how much of this I knew previously, including the TCP and IP protocol history and it's original manifestation in the US as a military operation. I'm a little bummed that the video didn't really describe more how the internet became more of a publicly used entity as opposed to the military and scientific foundations it had originally, at least here in the US. I don't know if this really can be called 'The History of the Internet'...maybe 'A Brief Overview of How the Internet Came To Be' would be a more apt title. Still, it's interesting to see just how far back the internet emerged, since my earliest memories of getting our first family computer was sometime in grade school, at which point I used the internet mostly to play Neopets. Now I use it for research and networking, among a hundred other things. It's really interesting to see how technology is adapted over the course of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment