Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Practicum #3 - Randi Russell

Now that I've traveled around different areas of Second Life, I am trying to see what else they offer. I was going through different options of things to do with your Second Life and I found out that you could create a profile. I didn't want to put anything about my real self, especially not a picture that showed I was completely different from my avatar so I just filled out the biography section. I explained why my username was what it was and wrote about my interests in real life. Now that I think about it though, I don't know if it's weird that I acknowledged the fact that Rosie Posie is a pseudo identity because it is who I am on Second Life and I'm not really sure if people talk about their real lives or the fact that their Second Life selves are not real...not sure about that one. I guess we'll see if I get any comments on my profile to see if that upsets people. Next, I went to look at homes that I could possibly buy so that I could do something more with Second Life. Unfortunately, you have to pay or upgrade to a paying membership to own a home in Second Life. I am wondering what else there really is available to do if you don't want to pay for a premium membership. I am going to brainstorm and search around Second Life to see what more I can do besides chatting with other people and transporting to different destinations. Hopefully there's more to this than I know right now! I would love to know what gets people really into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment