Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Practicum 4 - Eric

I copy-edited a few articles now (fixing grammar, spelling, etc.) because I feel like I'm not knowledgeable enough on any specific subject to give any real facts or insight. Not a big deal, I'm kind of a grammar nazi anyway :). I explored the community portion of the site now too. On every article page, there is a "Discussion" tab at the top that is viewable and editable by registered and unregistered users. The discussion area is relaxed area where users can debate and discuss topics or things to add to the page. It's a completely different atmosphere than editing the normal page: more like a forum than a chatroom. I've also edited my userpage, and any user can add edit anybody else's user page (which is kind of weird I think).

The community portion of the site was kind of hard to find in the first place. I don't think there's really one area for members to congregate or anything. From what I've seen so far, everything really just occurs on the individual discussion pages. You can communicate to other users via their undisclosed email addresses if you provide your own, or just forum style on any discussion page.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Eric, you were editing grammar mistakes! I guess this project is perfect for you! (Also, I'm aware anyways is not a word..I'm still going to use it!)

    ReplyDelete