Saturday, March 12, 2011

Practicum 4- Nina

I have finally got the app on my blackberry working so I can tweet from my phone.I am still trying to figure out how I can get my location picked up via my phone, but I do not know if it is possable. I have talked to a few of my friends and they said that the blackberry that I have might not be able to do that because it is an older model. It might be just as well, because I don't think I want people knowing where I am all the time, haha. One thing I do not like about checking twitter statuses via my phone is that I can not click on the article. For example, the other day I was reading some kind of tweet, that was talking about if T.A's went on strike school would be ending April 18th but I could not read the whole article or get any background! It was just frustrating because I really wanted to know what was going on, but I had to deal with being left in suspense until I got to my computer.
I think when I did my presentation I was comparing everything about twitter to my Facebook and that was definitely not the best way to go about using the social networking site. So now, I have taken a new approach and I am trying really hard to think of twitter as a separate networking site from Facebook, which it is. I think a lot of times, people get so use to something, and when a site like twitter is deemed the same kind of thing, we expect it to be exactly the same. Yet, that is not the case and twitter has some great benefits that Facebook does not and I am starting to take advantage of them. Although my prime use of twitter continues to be keeping up with news, I have started to tweet more personal information about myself like: where I am, if I see something funny, extra. I have also started to have fun with tweeting my friends in posts. As I begin to use it more and more I become more comfortable in the twitter realm. I have began to have random people follow me, they do not appear to be creepy, just like company's or music groups who fit similar people that I am following. But I think I am going to set up bigger privacy settings on my page, especially since I am beginning to make my page more personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment