Monday, April 4, 2011

Blog #5 - Randi Russell

First and foremost, I would like to thank Liz for giving me a fabulous new means of procrastination. Once I started, I just couldn't stop...

So when I first heard the game name Plants vs. Zombies, I was thinking I definitely would not like this one. Once I opened the game, I, of course, created my own zombie even though I never saw the zombie once I started playing the game. Now thinking about it, I think that is kind of like my avatar for the game. The next thing I did was click help, thinking there would be a long list of directions for how to play/win the game. The only thing it said was do not movie, once the zombies reach your house you lose (or something of the sorts), which obviously made me giggle a little bit. Then I started playing. Number one favorite part of the game - the sound effects. When the zombies first start coming on your land and they say "The zombies are coming...Brains" I cracked up in the middle of the coffee shop that I am in. I don't know if it's the music or the fact that you're under a little bit of pressure to kill the zombies before they get to your house, but I was seriously stressed out. People looking at me were probably very nervous for my mental health because I was so into the computer. And at the end of every level, I would smile and sigh with relief. Talk about addicting. I was doing work and started playing the game, and before I knew it, 25 minutes passed. Now I'm angry that the free trial only lasts for an hour. Thanks Liz, for my new addiction (besides Twitter).

No comments:

Post a Comment