Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blog 7- Nina

It was really surprised after I actually thought about how much technology and computerized items I use, that they play such a big part in my life and daily routine. In a day I found, I use the obvious things like my blackberry ( maybe I even use it too much), my personal Mac lab top and the schools Mac computer at Memorial library. Some of the not so regular computerized items I use and I say not so regular because I feel like almost every college student use's a phone and a computer everyday. None the less, they are the Nike-i pod treadmill at the serf and my Adidas running watch.
The Nike-ipod treadmill is great, it has a number of options for different kinds of runs like a normal treadmills :fat burn, hill, extra. But what makes this treadmill unique is a few things. The device allows you to charge you i-pod while running, whats even cooler is that you can record your pace, time, and distance as you work out on your ipod. So every time you go to the gym the machine creates a bit of a new challenge. Its like having a free personal trainer. Additionally, my running watch not only tells time, but it keeps my heart rate, lets me know how much fat I burn and also keeps track of my miles. I really utilize the watch when I am running out side but I still wear it when I go to the gym, because its a good comparison to the treadmill.
It is also intresting to note that Apple has put there foot in the door with work out equipment now, it is very imporessive how they are launching their brand in so many diffrent areans which affects and interacts with a number of peoples daily activities. But it also speaks to how reliant I am on what the company provides, which scares me a little bit. It will be interesting to see what comes next and if what people predict about web 3.0 and 4.0 will actually come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment